Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Big Pharma 7, our family 0

Here at our little abode, we've long been a dream family for pharmaceutical companies, since several of us take daily prescription meds. But last week we were laid low by 3 cases of strep throat, and the amount of medicine I dispense daily is just ridiculous. I thought it was time for a scorecard:

Daily meds as of 4/20/2009
Mom- 1
Matthew-1
James- 2
Emily-1
Nicki-1
Bowzer-1
Total: 7, given once, twice, and three times a day.

I did not count Bowzer's monthly heart and flea meds, nor the ibuprofin, nyquil, and benadryl the kids have taken this week. Serriously, we went through two bottles of liquid ibuprofin, a box of children's tylenol, and many pills of ibuprofin, Nyquil, Dayquil, and Benadryl. Almost every hour I was walking up to some child with a glass of water and a pill or tablespoon.

The good news? Everyone is now back in school!

Also- Dad is the winner of our award for never giving up on our blog! He was the first to notice we had begun posting again! Yay Dad!

5 comments:

John said...

I just thought you'd like to know that Dakin and I both subscribe to your RSS feed, so we know the instant you put up a new post. We may not comment, but we will read every one. (I'm not sure if Dad counts since he lives with you now;)

Glad you guys are feeling better.

MAB said...

Wow and you guys don't even have toddlers anymore. Too bad you can't blame the fish sticks.

Glad to hear everyone is on the mend. And welcome back to the blogging world!

Bob/Kristy said...

John, I don't know anything about RSS feeds, so I didn't realize how they worked. I'll have to get Bob to show me about that.

I think Dad should count, since I didn't tell him I had updated the blog- he checked on his own.

Thanks John and Donna, for checking on us, and I know you both can understand the feeling of having multiple kids sick. I forgot to mention this, but I spent 7 hours at the doctor's office last week. Nicki was positive first, and I went home and immediately took in James and Emily, who both also had sore throats. Emily tested positive as well, but James was negative. The next day I took James in again when he started throwing up. Negative- they said he had the flu. Two days later I took him in for a rash, and FINALLY he tested positive.

It's nice that the kids can now all talk when they are sick, but yeesh! I just hope mom doesn't get sick now, just in time to share it with our cousins in Utah!

Don and Joyce said...

Hey,
Now I am the first person to make a second comment on your new blog.

Do you remember the time I was staying with you and I looked to see what was on your blog...that was awesome!

Love,
Dad

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.