Sunday, July 5, 2009

Awesome as a Possum

Remember when Matthew turned 16 and he got a Fedora for his birthday, and he and his friends played Rock Band 2 before going to the Stake dance?


Remember when the Stovalls visited and we drove up to Mount St. Helens and the visitor's center closed 20 minutes after we arrived, but the views were amazing?


Remember Nicki's 6th birthday, where she
invited 5 girls and one boy and they loved playing Mother May I, and Nicki wanted chocolate cake with sugar cookies on top, and we actually sent out Thank You notes?








Remember the time when we went to the Oregon coast with Grandma and Grandpa Stovall, and we stayed at a beach house and explored tide pools, and met a
beagle named Bowzer, and found a great restaurant for the adults, and made caramel brownies, and we forgot to take pictures until it was time to go and the kids were grumpy, and then we drove north to Astoria to see where the Columbia meets the sea?












Remember the last week of school when Kristy and Mom helped out at Helen Baller Field Day?




Remember the last day of school when the neighbors came over for ice cream, and the first thing the kids did after getting their food was sit down to play video games?






Remember Emily's 10th birthday when we let her have a sleepover, and she and her friends had a pillow fight, and they sang "Eye of the Tiger" and "We got the beat" until they were memorized, and for some crazy reason the girls all added "naked pickle!" to the end of each line of the birthday song?

Remember the time Kristy and Donna took Emily, Nicki, Mia, Sam, and Nate to California, and the kids were great on the way there, but they were totally grumpy and over-tired on the way back, and we met a dog, and we picked wishies, and we played "Red Light Green Light" at a rest stop?



Remember when we were in California, and we went bowling with all our California Cousins, including Anna, Sarah, Peter, Jacob, Ryan, and Allison ?

That was awesome!

3 comments:

Bob/Kristy said...

This is a comment about using Blogger- I used the preview feature, but the published blog looked nothing like the preview. So I had to edit by publishing and then editing many, many times. Does anyone know what I am doing wrong? It was just impossible to add pictures where I wanted to in the text. Also, I kept hoping that everyone wasn't going to get a notification every time I made a change.

MAB said...

Nice recap. Very awesome.

And I know exactly what you are talking about as far as editing in blogger goes. I have no secret tricks, but if any one else does I'd love to know them. It's why I always laugh when people talk about just spending a "few minutes" blogging. Never works that way for me.

Bob/Kristy said...

Well, we had way too many events this spring that I didn't get around to blogging about, and I needed a way to get caught up- It's a bit of a relief, really.

I'm trying to figure out if I'm glad that it's not just me having problems with Blogger, or if I'm bummed that Blogger is so difficult when it comes to text and picture placement. I know I will feel good if John tells me that he did NOT get 30 or 40 notices yesterday about this post. I don't know how RSS feeds work, so I'm not sure how it handles edits to existing posts. Let me know John!